I liked a friend’s random facts she shared on Facebook. I thought—Wow. Those are fun facts. Didn’t realize it was one of those fun pass-it-along games. So she gave me 13 to come up with about myself. Hmmm…I don’t even know 13 fun facts about me. But I shall try. Perhaps you can come up with a few about you and share, too!
1. My mom and dad debated between naming me Brooke or Brandi. Brooke Heidi probably does sound better than Brandi Heidi.
2. I have a chicken-pox scar smack in the middle of my forehead. But you probably can’t see it amongst all of my freckles, aka Angel Kisses 😉
3. I kept my maiden name and added it as a second middle name. So legally I have 4 names. My grandmother started this tradition (it’s probably from her Spanish roots).
4. My great-grandmother was born in the Baja Territory and her birth certificate is entirely in Spanish.
5. I have worn my wedding ring on my right hand for probably the last 10 years. I guess that’s only unusual here in the States. I finally switched over to my left hand this past year since we’ve been staying in the States again.
6. There are at least 4 big secrets in our marriage that we will never, ever, ever tell any of you. Not even if you torture us. Or pull out our toenails. Nope. They are ours. They will never be yours. Haha!
7. I have always wanted to name a daughter Adeline since I was about 8 years old. But, when we finally had our first baby and named her Adeline, my husband decided he liked the “y” in her name instead of the “i”. So she is Adelyne with the Adeline sound to it. And I like that it looks pretty that way.
8. Although our wedding was a BLAST, I never grew up being all girly and planning a wedding. Heck, 3 weeks before we actually got married, my sister and great friends helped pull together a wedding for me. I did always know, however, that if I had an actual wedding event, I wanted to wear my mom’s dress. Bam! It worked out perfectly. But I had to cut the sleeves off of it because it was about 106 degrees on our wedding day (outside). Oh, yeah. And I always wanted to get married in tennis shoes. Worked too. By the way, my mom bought her dress at Dillards for about $40 off the rack. What a great deal, eh? Two weddings and a $40 dress. LOVE IT!
9. I have a huge phobia of sharks. HUGE. On our honeymoon, in Puerta Vallarta, we watched a disturbing Discovery show about sharks. And then the next day we rented a catamaran (don’t worry, my husband can sail). Ummm…Let’s just say, I nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the ocean because I just knew what was coming…Da-dun. Da-dun. Da-dun, da-dun, da-dun! In fact, before my family went to Hawaii when we were in high school, I sat up and said in my sleep, “I’ll get you, sharks! Snip, snip. Snip, snip!” I guess I even made the finger motions of scissors and all. Yes. Sharks may be the heart attack death of me. No. Joke.
10. I have, since the 5th grade, wanted to be a journalist (be it newscaster or newspaper). Then, when I went to university, I studied Hotel and Restaurant Management and Tourism for my first year instead. Totally loved it, but decided it was not the field for me. Eventually I went into teaching. A big heart-thumping job there. Loved it times infinity. But, in the end, I wish that I had stuck with my 5th-grade dreams and pursued journalism in college. Ah well. Our childhood dreams rarely become our adult realities anyway, eh?!
11. I have about 4 finished children’s books (stored in Poland) that I would eventually like to send off to agents. But I bought a book, similar to finding a literary agent for dummies type-of-book, and realized that this whole getting into the publishing business is super confusing. So, for now, my children’s books are shelved in Poland. Wife, mommy, Bread of Life, and pastor’s wife come first. One day, however, I hope that you’ll pick up a book for your kid or grandkid. I’d heart that!
12. I got a C in my computers class in college. Why? Because I didn’t understand this DOS thing and all of the other thingies we had to do to log in to a program. And one professor demanded we use this thing called the Internet as one resource for one of our papers. I had no clue how to even get on the internet. Good thing I was dating Richard by this stage of my life. He helped me dial it up. Haha! Love that I escaped university with only one paper that had to have one resource that came from the Internet. I feel like a fossil. Totally rad.
Phew…I made it to 13.
13. Simple. My favorite most delightful happy color that I love (yes, missing a lot of proper punctuation here) is YELLOW! Yellow like a canary. Like the sun. Like the color that makes you feel happy. Like the Forest Gump smiley face color. Yep. Yellow. For as long as I can recall from even my childhood days. I. Love. Yellow.
That’s 13 for me, folks. Let’s just say, I’m glad she didn’t give me the number 20.
Hoping to hear some randomly weird, wild, or fun facts about you. Go!
(Photo: Dan Pan Photography)